Saturday, February 27, 2021

Mahira Khan Breaks Down "Mera Jism, Meri Marzi" For Trolls

Mahira Khan Breaks Down "Mera Jism, Meri Marzi" For Trolls

via https://youtu.be/1vIIfbgKSn0 Mahira Khan breaks down "Mera Jism, Meri Marzi" for trolls As the two indulged in a casual tête-à-tête, the Verna star spilled the beans on her childhood, the values instilled in her by her parents, how the entertainment industry expects stars like her to behave and why she makes it a point to attend every Aurat March. Speaking about female empowerment and how she aims to address the problems faced by women in Pakistan, Khan mentioned that there is a thin line between educating the masses about the problems and triggering them. It’s important for me to march every year because my voice has weight. When I go to the Aurat March, I make it a point to tell everyone that this is what I believe in. It does not benefit me but it is important for the women here, so I will represent them. Nobody will go and ask them to explain their slogans and chants, but the media comes to me. So I want to utilise my two minutes to explain and educate on behalf of those women. Khan believes that because of social media and the way things are projected, there is a lot of misconception. Addressing the Mera Jism Meri Marzi slogan, which has been misconstrued and misrepresented for the past two years, Khan explained why it is still important for her to clarify its meaning. When I say Mera Jism Meri Marzi, I don’t mean I want strip my clothes off and run around naked! — the celebrity I mean to say that I am a human and this is my body, so it is up to me whether I allow you to stare at it or touch it, or not. It means that I can report you if you don’t comply. It means that I can take an action against you if you harass me because you have no right over MY body. Sethi then reminded Khan how Pakistani actors are often afraid of endorsing or supporting feminism and Aurat March because they feel they won’t get work. Pakistan Ka Showbiz

No comments:

Post a Comment