Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Uzma Khan’s Lawyer Excuses Herself From Case After Reports Of "Settlement"

Uzma Khan’s Lawyer Excuses Herself From Case After Reports Of "Settlement"

via https://youtu.be/zAvIGd7MYhk Lawyer Khadija Siddiqi has disassociated herself from actor Uzma Khan’s legal battle against the daughters of real estate tycoon Malik Riaz, after "strong" reports of out-of-court settlement emerged on Monday. This is to announce that we are disassociating from #UzmaKhan case.I understand the reasons of any settlement by two aggrieved women in a rigged system,my conscience doesn’t allow me to be part of any of that,even in a professional capacity. Struggle against lawlessness continues — khadija siddiqi (@khadijasid751) June 1, 2020 Pakistan Today quoted Khadija Siddiqi as saying that her client is yet to confirm or deny whether a settlement between her and Malik Riaz’s family has taken place or not. My entire struggle has been against lawlessness and I want the law to be equal for everyone. I did not want this to go towards a settlement The lawyer took to Twitter to inform people about the recent development in the case. She said, "This is to announce that we are disassociating from Uzma Khan case. I understand the reasons of any settlement by two aggrieved women in a rigged system, my conscience doesn’t allow me to be part of any of that, even in a professional capacity," Uzma Khan’s Lawyer said, adding that her struggle against the lawlessness in Pakistan would be continued. Pakistan Ka Showbiz

No comments:

Post a Comment