Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Sherry Raza The Incredible Journey Of Pakistan's Finest Frontman

Sherry Raza The Incredible Journey Of Pakistan's Finest Frontman

via https://youtu.be/YM0AVSa8hco From Ramaza­n transm­ission­s to rock music the singer has explor­ed all avenue­s the local indust­ry offers­ Singer Sherry Raza is one such anomaly. A mainstay on religious transmissions with the majority knowing him as a regular on Amir Liaquat’s shows, Raza is also the frontman of the hard-hitting Chand Tara Orchestra. The kind of intersection Sherry manages to cater to just by the virtue of his vocal range and audience awareness makes him if not the finest, but clearly the most successful frontman in Pakistan’s contemporary live performance scene. I’ve hardly received any criticism for catering to both sides of the spectrum. My case is very different from that of the late Junaid Jamshed who used to receive severe backlash whenever he made sporadic returns to popular music after he had turned to religion — Raza Raza attributes his mass acceptance to not embodying the identity of a Naat Khawan. I’ve never given the impression that I am a Naat Khawan. I have identified as a Sufi singer. It is quite common for a Sufi singer to recite Naat and Hamds. Hence there are only a handful of people that are opposed to me singing at other avenues Humble beginning It was in the year 2000 when Raza decided to take formal training in music. I studied under the tutelage of Ustad Naem Salam Khan. Simultaneously I always tried to learn through observing my idols including Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab, Abida Parveen, and Mohammad Rafi. Pakistan Ka Showbiz

No comments:

Post a Comment